The Ultimate Guide To Your Bag Care
With our handy guide, your most treasured pieces will look beautiful for years to come. Covering all day-to-day care and maintenance to small repairs and specialist cleaning, here you'll find everything there is to know about leather care.
HOW SHOULD I CARE FOR MY LOLA & SHAYE BAG?
For Leather: We want you to enjoy your leather goods for a lifetime. From the moment they are crafted, until they arrive in your arms, they need to be care for properly.
For light cleaning, we recommend washing your bag with a cloth, wet with warm water. You can also spot clean your Lola & Shaye handbag with a light cleaner, which can be purchased at a local drugstore or cobbler. Be sure to test products before applying to the whole bag. Please avoid using wipes that have chemicals in them (such as baby wipes or Clorox wipes) as this will ruin the leather. If you prefer to let professionals clean your bag, a cobbler or other leather professional can deep clean your bag.
Just remember that leather is a skin, and it can stretch. Avoid overfilling your handbag, purse, or wallet to maintain its original silhouette. Take extra care with leather items you use often. Take the time each week to wipe away dust and spots with a soft cloth or brush.
Scratches can detract from a flawlessly crafted piece. Take care to avoid contact with heavily embellished clothes, sharp surfaces, or chunky jewelry when you are out and about.
Wet leather requires extra care, so if rain is forecast, remember to take an umbrella or a plastic bag cover.
For Suede: suede must be treated by a leather professional for all cleaning. To preserve the quality and beauty of the Italian suede, we recommend:
- Keeping the product in its dust bag when not in use
- Avoiding contact of light suede with dark clothing and vice versa to reduce possibility of color transfer
- Avoiding contact of suede with liquid, water, alcohol, or oils
- Avoiding exposure to direct sunlight
- Avoiding contact with rough or abrasive surfaces
SHOULD I STORE MY LOLA & SHAYE BAG?
Storing your leather appropriately is one of the easiest ways you can prevent damage and maintain a high-quality finish.
- Store leather away from direct sunlight as this can cause fading
- Store handbag in a dust bag to avoid scratches
- Avoid using plastic bags, they prevent good ventilation